US Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Cleanup Grants
The US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization offers annual grants that support brownfield redevelopment and community revitalization. One category of funding offered by the USEPA is Brownfields Cleanup Grants. This funding is awarded as up to $200,000 site-specific grants that require a 20 percent match. The grants fund a variety of remedial activities, including the cleanup of soil and groundwater contamination.
BRS has developed numerous Brownfields Cleanup Grants applications. BRS has successfully obtained Brownfields Cleanup Grants for the following communities:
- Camden Redevelopment Agency, NJ: $600,000 for the ABC Barrel site project, and $400,000 for the Sears Tire and Battery project
- City of Newark, NJ: $800,000 for various sites throughout the city
- City of Plainfield, NJ: $200,000 for the Lee Place site
- City of Trenton, NJ: $1.9 million for various sites throughout the city
- Jersey City Redevelopment Agency, NJ: $1.2 million for the Berry Lane Park project
BRS excels not only with preparation of successful grant applications, but also with long-term grant management and implementation. BRS has a 100% success rate for Brownfields Cleanup Grant applications.